The Charleston Company is your Qualified Energy Star Homebuilder!
What is ¡＜ENERGY STAR¡＼? ENERGY STAR is the government backed symbol for energy efficiency.
A home that earns the ENERGY STAR is significantly more efficient than a standard home! Most builders will tell you that they build an energy efficient home but only builders whose homes earn the ENERGY STAR can back up their claims!
The Charleston Company builds ENERGY STAR qualified homes that are inspected and tested by an independent company to meet EPA¡¯s new rigorous guidelines!
How do homes qualify as ENERGY STAR? ENERGY STAR homes are at least 15% or more energy efficient than homes built to the International Residential Code (IRC).
This is accomplished through a variety of features including:
- Effective Insulation: Properly installed and inspected insulation in floors, walls and attics - ensuring even temperature throughout the house, while using less energy. This results in lower utility bills & more comfort!
- High Performance Windows: Windows with advanced coating help keep heat in during winter and out during summer. They also block damaging ultraviolet sunlight ：C protecting you carpet and furniture as well!
- Tight Construction: Typical homes have so many leaks it¡¯s like having a window open all the time, winter and summer. In addition, when warm air leaks into a home and comes in contact with cooler surfaces condensation can occur, this build up of moisture encourages mold growth, ruins insulation and even compromises structural elements. We use advanced techniques for sealing holes and cracks in the exterior walls as well as the HVAC duct work! This helps reduce drafts, dust, pollen, pests and noise ：C a tightly sealed home improves comfort and indoor air quality while lowering your utility bills!
- More Efficient Heating and Cooling: Energy efficient systems along with proper installation will use less energy and reduce utility bills!
- Independent Testing: The Charleston Company has partnered with ENERGY STAR using a third party inspection to verify the homes energy performance! Our ENERGY STAR homes undergo a comprehensive inspection of insulation and air sealing to qualify as an ENERGY STAR home that ensures your comfort and energy savings!
- Homeowner Benefits: Compared with standard construction, our ENERGY STAR qualified homes use substantially less energy for heating, cooling and water heating ：C providing a significant annual savings! Our homes help protect against drafts, moisture, pollution and noise ：C they ensure consistent temperatures between and across rooms, improved air quality and greater durability!
Look for a home with the ENERGY STAR, the government backed symbol for superior energy efficiency! By choosing a qualified ENERGY STAR home from The Charleston Company you can be confident that it will have an increasingly valued feature when the time comes to sell!
Find the floor plan of your dreams and enjoy peace of mind knowing that your quality built home also meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency!
Don't be fooled by other builders that may claim they are energy efficient ：C ask them to prove it ¡ they need to be ENERGY STAR qualified! Our construction crews know that their work will be tested by a third party for performance, quality and attention to detail!
Why would you choose anything else ¡ don¡¯t settle for less! We build our homes the way you would ¡ and we have the certification to back it up!